Rupture uterus - SlideShare
· Uterine Rupture (the most dramatic serious obstetric Emergency) Muhammad M Al Hennawy Consultant Obstetrician & Gynacologist Ras ElBar Central Hospital , Dumyat , Egypt 2. Definition • Uterine rupture is defined as • a non-surgical disruption or tear • of the myometrium with or without serosa of the uterus • with or without expulsion of the fetus and placenta. It is a life threatening …
This is a short tutorial about surgical instruments used
A Green Armytage uterine haemostatic forceps are used to hold the incised uterine . Babcocks have atraumatic tips and are useful in holding tissue that can be easily damaged such as fallopian tubes, ovary, bowel and appendix. . The Balfour retractor is self-retaining and need not be held once it is
traxi Panniculus Retractor - Clinical Innovations - forMOM
traxi ® – PREDICTABLE. RELIABLE. RETRACTION.™ traxi Panniculus Retractor is a retraction device used for predictable, reliable retraction of the panniculus during surgical procedures. traxi retracts and holds the panniculus for the duration of the operation, freeing the surgeon’s hands and those of the staff to better care for the patient.
Self Retaining Retractor - an overview | ScienceDirect Topics
Timothy J. King, Edward M. Sullivan, in Physician Assistant (Fourth Edition), 2008 Self-Retaining Retractors. Self-retaining retractors have locking mechanisms that keep the blades apart and in place while spreading the edges of the incision and holding other tissue in place, thus freeing the surgeon's and assistant's hands for other tasks.
Vaginal Extraction of Large Uteri with the Alexis Retractor
Mean estimated blood loss was 56 mL and mean uterus weight was 215 g, with the heaviest uterus weighing 841 g. Unplanned consultation and readmission …
Nerve-Sparing Radical Hysterectomy with Pelvic
8.1 The Surgical Process of the Step-by-Step Nerve-Sparing Radical Hysterectomy Is Listed in the Following Pages. However, each surgical procedure until the division of the deep uterine vein in the cardinal ligament is the same as that of the step-by-step radical hysterectomy without nerve-sparing radical hysterectomy as described in Chap. 5. .
Uterine Sounds - Blacksmith Surgical
Uterine sounds may come with either a flat or a round end and these types are known as Sims uterine sounds. The other kind which is available is the Hegar dilator which has both ends rounded; it is a short instrument and slightly curved in terms of its shape. Uterine sounds may also be …
Why Are the Noses Broken on Egyptian Statues?
· Stela of Penamun New Kingdom, Dynasty 18, reign of Tutankhamun to Horemheb (ca. 1332–1292 BCE); from Saqqara, Egypt; Limestone, 2515/16 × 181/16 × 31/8 inches (65.9 × …
Pharaoh Seti I tomb resurrected in Switzerland - CNN Style
At the Antikenmuseum Basel in Switzerland, Factum Foundation has revealed 3D-printed copies of two chambers from the tomb of Pharaoh Seti I.
Laparoscopic management of ovarian dermoid cysts
· The objective of this study was to evaluate the safety and potential advantages of laparoscopic approach for management of ovarian dermoid cysts and challenge the potential fear of spillage of contents of dermoid cyst during laparoscopic surgery. Out of 384 operative laparoscopies conducted at Al Ebtesama Hospital, Unit of Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery, and Cairo University …
The effect of slow versus fast application of vulsellum on
· There was no difference in pain; however more bleeding occurred with the tenaculum. However, we think that Allis clamp can be slipped easily with traction and require re-application several time during the procedure. Turok et al., 2015 compared the use of the suction cervical retractor versus the single-tooth tenaculum during IUD insertion .
Rupture uterus - SlideShare
· The Most Common Site Of Ruptured Uterus • Damage to the uterus prior to labour is usually in the uterine body while damage during labour is usually in the lower segment. • During labour oLower uterine segment (47%) in previous CS, oLeft lateral rupture (23.5%) in obstructed labor, oFundal rupture (20.6%) and oRight lateral rupture (8.8%) in .
Loop Electrosurgical Excision Procedure (LEEP) | Uterus
The electrical current is not sufficient to cause major thermal damage to the cervical tissue. The current is sufficient to provide good hemostasis and cause lysis of residual tumor cells in the biopsy margin. . A speculum and retractor are used to expose the cervix. . The electrical current can be adjusted with easily cut the cervical .
Vaginal Hysterectomy and Trachelectomy: Basic Surgical
· Video Clips on DVD 7-1 Vaginal Hysterectomy 7-2 Anterior Cul-de-sac Entry 7-3 Electrosurgical Device-Assisted Vaginal Hysterectomy 7-4 Vaginal Trachelectomy Once the decision to perform a hysterectomy has been made, the type and route of hysterectomy must be chosen, and efforts are made to accomplish the surgery as safely as possible. Chapter 4 discusses the pre-…
Tenaculum Forceps - Blacksmith Surgical
tidasokiv.info/2248.php Tenaculum forceps are gynecological instruments which are used to grab a hold of tissues. It is type of locking forceps which holds itself in the place it has been locked into. Tenaculum forceps allow tissues to be held in a steady manner while the surgical procedure may be conducted.
Egyptian Security Forces’ Abuse of Children in Detention | HRW
· Summary. Since the Egyptian army forcibly removed Egypt’s first elected president, Mohamed Morsy, in 2013, the government of President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi has greenlighted a …
The 10 Strongest Military Forces In The Middle East
· 8) Morocco. Active personnel: 195,000. 2017 budget: $3.5bn. Morocco has the fifth largest armed forces in the region, with 175,000 army personnel and a …
Basic surgical instruments Flashcards | Quizlet
Thin metal, easily bent to desired shape, used to retract abdominal organs. Snook ovariohysterectomy hook. Specialized hand held retractor, used to expose horn of uterus during ovariohysterectomy. . Can cause extensive damage to delicate tissue. Brown- Adson Thumb Forceps.
Breast Cancer Screening (PDQ®)–Health Professional Version
Note: Separate PDQ summaries on Breast Cancer Prevention, Breast Cancer Treatment (Adult), Male Breast Cancer Treatment, and Breast Cancer Treatment During Pregnancy are also available.. Mammography is the most widely used screening modality for the detection of breast cancer. There is evidence that it decreases breast cancer mortality in women aged 50 to 69 years and that it is …
Why Undersea Internet Cables Are More Vulnerable Than You
A cut cable off the coast of Alexandria in 2008 left Egypt, India, Pakistan and Kuwait in the dark. A 2006 earthquake in Taiwan damaged several cables and cut off communication to Hong Kong, South .
Precision Manufactured Surgical Speciality Instruments
This guarantee is void if instruments are not maintained properly, or if they are not used for their intended surgical purpose. Surtex guarantees against breakage, joint failure, and corrosions under normal use. Instruments that show expected “Fair Wear & Tear” under ordinary use are not considered to be defective.
(PDF) A pilot study of robotic uterine and vaginal vault
general retractor. Uterine manipulation also allows the. uterus to be pushed into the patient more easily and con- . of the patient to allow rotation at the cervix and avoid damage to .
The Cost of Driving Away With the Gas - The New York Times
· “The damage to the pump would be covered under the liability portion of the driver’s auto policy. We would determine the damages through the normal claims process.” The gas station would file a claim with the driver’s auto insurance company or with its own insurance company, which would then file a claim with the driver’s auto .